Prone Breast Patient Positioning
Prone breast irradiation has grown in acceptance as an alternative to treating the breast in the supine position.
The benefits of this technique have been well documented and include:
- Displacement of the lumpectomy cavity away from chest wall, heart and lungs (Wazer)
- Reduction in cardiac systole and respiratory movement (Wazer)
- Enhanced cosmetic results with reduced soreness and skin reaction
- Optimized daily reproducibility (Wazer)
CDR Systems' specially designed dual density memory foam provides a system that enables implementation of the prone breast technique in an easy-to-use, customizable fashion that puts patient comfort first, without compromising accuracy, reproducibility and treatment access.
- Ideal for both external beam radiation therapy and brachytherapy
- Indexable carbon fiber contra-lateral breast support adjustable from 18cm to 28cm
- Small and large indexable contra-lateral breast pad
- Couch indexing for both front and rear sections independently
- Indexable Max Grip handles
- Dual density PatientCare memory foam
- Low density construction
- Large bore CT or small bore CT versions available
Contact us for more information.